Michael Lara, MD
With over 10 years of experience as a psychiatrist, Dr. Lara treats patients with a range of mood, anxiety and memory disorders. He is board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
A graduate of Harvard, Stanford, and The UCLA School of Medicine, Dr. Lara currently maintains a full-time, private practice in psychopharmacology near San Francisco, California.
In addition to his practice, Dr. Lara has presented at National conferences and to general audiences speaking on the topics of complementary and alternative approaches to mental health, and the role of diet and exercise in maintaining mental health.
- Stanford University, BA
- Harvard University, MA
- UCLA School of Medicine, MD
License, Certifications & Awards
- Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Physician and Surgeon, Medical Board of California
Complementary/Alternative Approaches in Psychiatry, Harvard University
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
- Northern California Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
Outside of his practice, Dr. Lara competes in open water swimming, trail running, and weightlifting.